Founded in 1977, the American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) supports American Indian students in the critically needed disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
AISES has awarded over $10.3 million in academic scholarships to American Indian STEM students. Through scholarships and internships, workforce development and career resources, national and regional conferences, science fairs, leadership development and other STEM focused programming, AISES is the leader in STEM opportunity for American Indians.
Members from over 200 tribal nations are represented within AISES, and AISES enjoys the support and partnership of corporate, government, academic, and tribal decision- makers.
- 189 Chartered College and University chapters throughout the United States and Canada
- 15 Professional Chapters
- 158 Affiliated Schools that enroll more than 55,000 K-12 Native American students
- Over 3,800 current members
- More than 1,300 Sequoyah Fellows (Lifetime members)
- Scholarship programs which have cumulatively awarded over $10.3M to over 5,000 students